united world school of english


Some students might need a visa to come to the UK, so it's important to know what the requirements are.

Do I need a visa to study in the UK?

basic visa information
  • Students requiring visas must study for a minimum of 15 hours per week, which is equivalent to 20 weekly lessons in United World.
  • Students requiring a study visa will only be accepted at United World as student visitors.
  • Students requiring a study visa for one of our courses will not be allowed to work either full or part time.
There are two types of study visas:
Student visitor

A student can apply for a student visitor visa for a maximum of 11 months and there is no minimum level of English requirement. You will need to provide evidence of financial sponsorship. If you are under 18 and wish to apply for a course of 6 months or less, you need to apply for a Child Visa.

More Information

tier 4 general students

United World CANNOT accept applicants wishing to apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa.

Please note that when completing a visa application make sure that you follow the Student Visitor route (short-term study visa).

Would you like more information about student visas? We're here to help!

Contact us

united world school of english

+44 (0) 1202 315166
Brandon & Clifton House
44 - 46 St Peters Road
Bournemouth, Dorset, UK - BH1 2LT


© Copyright unitedworldschool.com