KNOW YOUR LEVEL
Learn more about your level and decide where you want to go. We are here to help.
Level: Beginner (CEFR:A1)
This means your level of English equates to 0 - 50 hours of guided instruction.
Please see the Cambridge English assessment chart below
Next Step: Elementary (CEFR:A2)
You need approximately 100-130 hours of guided instruction to reach the next level.
This is how you can achieve this:
In Bournemouth with United World School of English
15 lessons: 12.5 hours per week - Approximately 3 months to reach your target - £125 per week
20 lessons: 15 hours per week - Approximately 2.5 months to reach your target - £150 per week
25 lessons: 20 hours per week - Approximately 1.5 months to reach your target - £170 per week
Beginner (A1) vs Elementary (A2)
* ask and answer simple questions on very familiar topics.
* Use simple phrases and sentences to describe where I live and people I know.
I can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
* communicate in simple and routine tasks on familiar topics and activities.
* handle short social exchanges
* simply describe my family and other people, living conditions, my educational background and my present or most recent situation
* read very short, simple texts.
* find specific, predictable information in advertisements, prospectuses, menus and timetables.
* understand short simple personal letters.
I can understand familiar words and very basic phrases about myself, my family and immediate surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
* write a short, simple postcard, for example holiday postcards.
* fill in forms with personal details, for example entering my name, nationality and address on a hotel registration.
I can understand:
* phrases and common vocabulary on common areas e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, the local area, and employment.
* the main point in short, simple messages and announcements.
I can write:
* short, simple notes and messages.
* a simple personal letter, for example thanking someone.
You can always contact us asking for more information. We are here to help!
+44 7825 076541