KNOW YOUR LEVEL
Learn more about your level and decide where you want to go. We are here to help.
Level: Advanced (CEFR:C1)
This means your level of English equates to 700 - 800 hours of guided instruction.
Please see the Cambridge English assessment chart below
Next Step: Proficiency (CEFR:C2)
You need approximately 250-350 hours of guided instruction to reach the next level.
This is how you can achieve this:
In Bournemouth with United World School of English
15 lessons: 12.5 hours per week - Approximately 6 months to reach your target - £125 per week
20 lessons: 15 hours per week - Approximately 5 months to reach your target - £150 per week
25 lessons: 20 hours per week - Approximately 4 months to reach your target - £170 per week
Advanced (CEFR:C1) vs Proficiency (CEFR:C2)
* express myself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
* use language flexibly and effectively for social and professional purposes.
* formulate ideas and opinions with precision and relate my contribution skilfully to those of other speakers
I can understand:
* long and complex factual and literary texts, appreciating distinctions of style.
* specialised articles and longer technical instructions, even when they do not relate to my field.
I can present a clear, smoothly-flowing description or argument in a style appropriate to the context and with an effective logical structure which helps the recipient to notice and remember significant points.
I can read with ease virtually all forms of the written language, including abstract, structurally or linguistically complex texts such as manuals, specialised articles and literary works.
I can understand:
* extended speech even when it is not clearly structured and when relationships are only implied and not signalled explicitly.
* television programmes and films without too much effort.
* express myself in clear, well-structured text, expressing points of view at some length.
* write detailed expositions of complex subjects in an essay or a report, underlining what I consider to be the salient issues.
* write different kinds of texts in a style appropriate to the reader in mind.
I have no difficulty in understanding any kind of spoken language, whether live or broadcast, even when delivered at fast native speed, provided I have some time to get familiar with the accent.
I can write clear, smoothly flowing text in an appropriate style. I can write complex letters, reports or articles, which present a case with an effective logical structure, which helps the recipient to notice and remember significant points. I can write summaries and reviews of professional or literary works.
You can always contact us asking for more information. We are here to help!
+44 7825 076541